Walking has several benefits for your health including preventing heart disease. Walking also addresses a lot of risk factors:
• Improves good cholesterol (HDL)
• Lowers blood pressure (it is recommended to shoot for a top number (systolic) of 120 mm Hg or lower)
• Aids in weight management
• Reduces HbA1c (measure for diabetic control)
• Reduces inflammation
• Reduces mental stress
• Reduces the incidence of depression
Motivate yourself to get active by setting a goal to walk for 30 minutes at least three times a week. Invite a friend to join you or listen to a podcast or audiobook during your workout. Speak to one of our degreed and certified Fitness Specialists for expert tips on how to walk to improve your health and fitness.
Sabgir, David. 2018. The Power of Walking. February 07. Accessed September 24, 2018. https://www.acefitness.org/education-and-resources/professional/expert-articles/6930/the-power-of-walking.
Click below to learn more.Membership
Sign up to receive our newsletter and emails